It’s the time of year where we’re all normally jetting off on our holidays without a care in the world… and while it’s of course possible to pack your suitcase and fly off to the sun, lie on sandy beaches and sip giant cocktails out of a pineapple, we do understand that there’s a lot more for you to think about before you book your flight in the current climate.
And the subject of travel insurance has become hotter than the Mediterranean sunshine. It’s why one airline has just announced what it is calling “the most comprehensive Covid-19 cover provided by any major airline.”
This week, Virgin Atlantic has officially launched Virgin Atlantic COVID-19 Cover—and it’s 100% free for its customers. It’s automatically applied to your flight when you make your booking, it covers any travel between 24 August 2020 and 31 March 2021, and is designed to provide “additional peace of mind.”
Juha Jarvien, the Chief Commercial Officer at Virgin Atlantic, said: “Our priority is always the health and safety of our people and customers and this industry-leading Covid-19 Cover ensures customers can continue to fly safe and fly well with us.”
He said that this new Covid cover follows Virgin Atlantic’s return to the skies to popular destinations like Barbados, but that the airline is planning more services in the autumn as the travel restrictions continue to ease around the world, to places including Montego Bay, Antiguia, Lagos, and Tel Aviv.
“Whether it’s to visit friends or relatives or take a well-deserved break, we believe this cover will provide reassurance for customers as they start to plan trips further afield,” said Juha Jarvien.
“It applies in parallel to existing travel insurance policies which may now exclude Covid-19,” he continued, “and provides comprehensive cover for coronavirus, recognising the needs of our customers as we restart services.”
The policy includes the following coverage:
- Up to £5,000 for emergency expenses if coronavirus affects your travel because you or one of your travel companions get coronavirus while away on your trip and need emergency medical costs and hospital treatment etc.
- Repatriation is covered if medically necessary due to COVID-19.
- The policy covers your whole trip—there’s no limit on the length of your travels.
- It also covers all passengers, with no restrictions on age, travel class or length of journey—so whether you’re just flying solo or going abroad with your family, everyone who is flying is covered.
- The policy also includes coverage for up to £3,000 expenses help to cover costs in the event that you or a travel companion can’t board a return flight if you’re required to quarantine first, including such things as transport and accommodation.
Of course, we hope that when you’re daydreaming about far-off lands or planning your summer vacation that it’s an escape from the current climate and you won’t need to worry about these things at all!
But while we’re all navigating through this challenging time, it can offer a bit of reassurance and peace of mind to know that these things are taken care of, so you can focus on the fun parts.
If you’re looking for holiday rentals in Greece, Spain, France, or anywhere else, get in touch with us today.